Monday, December 06, 2021

Blue Christmas C (anytime in Advent): For Those Who Find Christmas Celebrations Difficult.






























Bible Readings: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, Luke 2:1-7, Romans 8

About the Images:
Upper Left: This is a  free microsoft clipart image over which I put one line of the Kasey Chambers song: I Still Cry for Baby Jesus
Upper Right: This is my photo and I have permission from the subject to use her image - please feel free to use it for worship and related activities.
Middle Left: This is an image from the excellent revamped Church Galleries site - see my link column at left.
Middle Right: This is a slide from the Heartlight site - see my link column at left.
Lower Left:  This is a free creative commons image with copyright attached. 
Lower Right: This is another image from the Heartlight site.

Gathering Music: Shepherd Moons
by Enya on her album, Paint the Sky With Stars, 1997 (pictured at left). I just let this play with a welcome slide - nothing fancy.

Listening Song: I Still Cry For Baby Jesus
by Kasey Chambers on her album, Ba
rricades and Brick Walls, 2001 (pictured at right). I usually match images with this piece of music.

Story
Silent Night 
by Lara Hawthorne, Frances Lincoln Children's Books, 2018,  ISBN 1786030667 (pictured at left).  This is a children's book but makes a beautiful replacement for all of or part of the sermon for everybody.

Response Activity:
Ask people to light a candle (tea lights or tapers work best) in memory of a loved one or a sad situation in their lives or in the lives of those they may know. This activity can be done more than once throughout the service. 

Leaving Listening Song: Vespers
by Aled Jones on his album, Aled
, 2002 (pictured at left). I usually put images with this piece of music and the words in English.  

No comments: